Adventure Queens 5th Birthday Campout – in partnership with komoot
Did you know that this year is Adventure Queens’ 5th birthday?!
To celebrate half a decade of adventure awesomeness we are partnering with the wonderful people at komoot to organise our first big camp out for 2 years.
If you’ve not been to one of our campouts before think: walks, campfire stories, skills sharing and making amazing new adventure buddies.
This Big Birthday campout is going to be extra special in all kinds of ways –
Anna McNuff – professional adventurer and mischief maker, writer of books that AQs love and the CO-FOUNDER of Adventure Queens is coming! If an afternoon run with Anna, or sitting round the campfire listening to her latest adventures sounds pretty special, that’s because it is, and you need to be at the campout to soak up that specialness!
komoot – our generous partner and route planning experts will be setting up their marquee for some epic komoot workshops and a communal AQ hang out area – think deckchairs, beanbags, some lovely lighting, your favourite hot drink … especially useful if it dares to be a bit rainy! There will be a special AQ komoot collection created for the campout to give us route information about the immediate area and some inspiration for our own walks, runs or rides.
There will be cakes for everyone- small cakes, big cakes, komoot cakes and birthday cakes.
Here’s what you need to know:
When and where?
It’s the weekend of 27th – 29th May near Malvern at the lovely Newland Meadows Campsite – a short bus ride away from Great Malvern Train Station. Whether you live close by or just feel like an excuse to explore a new part of the UK with fellow Adventure Queens, grab a ticket. You can stay for one night or two!
- The main event will run from midday Saturday 28th and finish midday the following day, but AQs are welcome to come for some informal fun and camping from 5pm on Friday 27th.
- Where: Newland Meadows Campsite near Malvern https://newlandmeadows.co.uk/
Who’s it for?
Adventure Queens (18 years of age). It’s a chance to leave little ones and four-legged friends at home, and have a night or two away just for you.
How much is it?
Early bird tickets are £15 for Saturday night or £28 for Friday and Saturday night if camping. This covers the campout costs, booking fees along with campsite necessities, firewood and campfire goodies. Small camper vans are welcome – just make sure you buy the right ticket!
How do you get there?
- By car/van: There’s lots of space for parking and we’ll share more details on that closer to the time
- By train: Great Malvern is the closest train station and its a 20 minute bus journey from there (or a 10 minute drive if you’re arranging a taxi or car-pooling)
What can you look forward to at the campout?
- Meet and chin-wag to your heart’s content with other Adventure Queens
- Learn skills from from adventure experts at skills sessions
- Campfire stories in the evening – hearing tales of adventure from fellow Adventure Queens, fuelled by hot chocolate and marshmallows (we’ll provide the goodies!)
- Morning beverage served with a big smile from us Adventure Queens HQ folk
- Explore the surrounding area, with a leisurely ramble, led by your fellow Adventure Queens
- And last, but not least CAKE. Lots of cake. Because what birthday celebration would be complete without it?!
What to bring?
- Tent or bivvy (over to you on this one!) or not if you’re coming in a campervan
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag (plus liner, if you want an extra warm layer)
- Warm (and windproof) layers
- Waterproof jacket, if needed
- Walking shoes, if keen to join the rambling on Sunday
- If the sun is out, any sunglasses, hat etc
- Head torch
- Any toiletries (and first aid, as needed)
- Rubbish bag (to help leave no trace!)
- Something to sit on for the campfire stories – use rubbish bag or bring fold-down campstool, if you have one (we’ll just be using our rubbish bags or backpacks)
- Stove, if planning to cook/heat up food or you want a hot chocolate in the eve (we’ll provide the goodies, so you just need to boil the water. If new to using your stove, we can help so don’t worry!)
- Lighter/matches, if bringing a stove
- Mug, plate/bowl, cutlery (and any pots etc, if planning on cooking/boiling water)
Note that there are toilets, showers, and running water onsite.
What about food?
It’s a BYO affair so totally up to you – bring something cold, bring something to heat up on your stove (if bringing one) or go all out and cook from scratch (there are no rules on this one!). You’ll just need food for dinner, breakie and then any snacks or a drop of booze you want
What happens if it rains? And even pouring?
Rain or shine, the campout will be on! Just bring your waterproofs and we’ll have a blast 🙂
I have more questions – who can I ask?
We’ve set up a facebook event so feel free to post on there (https://bit.ly/38uPX2L) and we’ll get back to you – no doubt if you’re wondering someone else is too! Or if you prefer to ask it privately drop us a line on email@example.com
BY BUYING A TICKET, YOU AGREE TO THE EVENT DISCLAIMER – PLEASE READ: https://adventurequeens.co.uk/adventure-queens-disclaimer/